You may receive bills from several different providers for the care rendered to you at the Kona Surgery Center; including the Physician or Surgeon performing the procedure, Anesthesia Services (MedStream Anesthesia Group), Kona Surgery Center, and laboratory – for any specimens obtained during your procedure.
Financial Agreement & Insurance
If you have insurance, we will help you receive maximum benefits by filing your insurance claim for you. However, payments for co-pays, co-insurance and deductibles will be collected at the time of service. We participate with several insurance companies, some of which are listed below. If yours is not listed, please contact us 808-331-7960 for details.
- ALOHA CARE MEDICARE ADVANTAGE
- ALOHA CARE QUEST
- BLUE CARD
- CHAMP VA
- HMA, Family Health Hawaii (HMN)(**operating engineers always needs prior auth**)
- HMSA (QUEST, PPO AND HMO)
- HMSA AKAMAI AND 65C+
- KAISER ADDED CHOICE ONLY (WITH PRIOR AUTHORIZATION)
- MDX HAWAII
- OHANA MEDICARE ADVANTAGE
- OHANA QUEST (***ONLY SECONDARY TO MEDICARE***)
- PACIFIC SOUTHWEST ADMINISTRATOR (NON PARTICIPATING, PATIENT WILL PAY IN FULL AND MAY POSSIBLY GET REIMBURSED AT NON PARTICIPATING RATE FROM INSURANCE)
- PREMIER EYE CARE
- TRICARE FOR LIFE
- TRIWEST HEALTHCARE ALLIANCE PC3
- UNITED HEALTHCARE (QUEST, MEDICARE ADVANTAGE, PPO & HMO)
- VA – TRIWEST (***MUST OBTAIN VA AUTH***)
Disclosure of Ownership
A physician performing the procedure may have ownership interest in this facility. These procedures are performed at hospitals and other outpatient facilities in this community. You have the right to choose where to receive services, including a facility where your physician does or does not have ownership interest.
Before Your Procedure, Patient Instructions
- Be sure to follow any specific individual instructions given to you by your physician before coming to the Surgery Center (lab work, EKG, etc).
- Please obtain any special appliance or object instructed by your surgeon (crutches, brace etc.) prior to your day of procedure.
- If you have an allergy to latex, sleep apnea or an implanted internal defibrillator please notify the Surgery Center staff as soon as possible (call: 808-331-7960).
- A nurse from the Surgery Center will contact you before the day of surgery. The nurse will confirm the time you are expected to arrive and give you specific instructions to prepare you for surgery.
YOU ARE REQUIRED TO HAVE SOMEONE DRIVE YOU HOME AFTER THE PROCEDURE.
It is your responsibility to arrange, in advance, for a responsible adult to drive you home from the surgery center following your procedure. In order to ensure your safety, you will not be permitted to drive yourself home. You may not take public transportation alone afterwards. Sedation will slow down your reflexes so it is unsafe to drive.
Day of Procedure, Patient Responsibility & Instructions:
- DO NOT eat or drink (unless otherwise instructed by your surgeon and confirmed with our RN).
- DO NOT bring valuables or jewelry. We cannot be responsible for damaged or lost property.
- DO NOT wear your contact lenses; leave them at home and bring your glasses instead.
- BRING YOUR INSURANCE CARDS, DRIVER’S LICENSE OR OTHER PHOTO ID & METHOD OF PAYMENT IF DUE.
- BRING a list of all current medications with their dosages and strengths.
- DO TAKE your heart or blood pressure medications with a very small sip of water.
- Shower or bathe prior to your arrival using an antimicrobial soap (for example Dial Soap).
- DO NOT wear any lotion, creams, ointments or makeup on your face or body the day of your surgery.
- DO NOT use hair spray, hair gels or hair product on the day of your surgery.
- DO NOT use or wear perfume.
- REMOVE ALL body piercings/jewelry prior to your surgical procedure/day of surgery.
- Remove makeup and nail polish.
- Wear loose fitting clothing.
- BRING any items or equipment instructed by your surgeon or nurse such as crutches, brace or eye drops.
- Refrain from smoking or chewing tobacco on the day of surgery.
- Refrain from drinking alcoholic beverages 24 hours prior to surgery.
Services Available for Seniors
For more information visit Assisted Living In Hawaii Website Here